I just bought a book on Audacity 1.3, Getting Started with Audacity 1.3, by Bethany Hiitola. This book was published by Packt Publishing in 2010. In this book you will learn:
- How to install the software and about all its main features
- How to set up projects and how to record your first podcast
- How to create MP3 podcasts from your saved projects
- How to upload your podcast to your personal website or to iTunes
- How to use all the audio effects that come pre-installed with Audacity
- How to install and use Audacity plugins, such as Nyquist, LADSPA, and VST effects
- About the toolbar, the menu, and keyboard shortcuts.
I have been using Audacity, the free audio editing program, for several years, and it is an excellent program that will meet the needs of almost everyone except audio professionals. Version 1.3 is the version I use. Version 2.0 was released in March 2012, but I have not downloaded it and started using it yet. Version 2.0 will be the topic of another post. As far as I know, no books have been published on Version 2.0, but you can view the online manual at: http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/.